Wednesday, February 3, 2010

On Feeling Lost

♥ by i.Anton.
"It's the fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, all that-- it's all illusion. Unknown is what it is."  
John Lennon

I'm struggling. Slipping. Detaching. Smiling less. Worrying more.
I am a blank canvas devoid of all color. I am an artist with no muse. 
I am a stalled car. Broken down while others zoom by. Shiny and new. 
I don't know what I want- to do, to be, to live, to love. 
I am paralyzed by perfectionism. 

[photo credit] 

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling this way...but I could have written this entry myself. I hope you find some time this weekend to be inspired, find your muse and your voice. Take good care, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really fantastic quote.

    I hope you feel better very soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there! i'm nicole from my teacups in peony (with the pen pal project.) You had signed up but didn't leave your email address:) if you don't mind could you send that to me, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a great quote- I hope you have a nice weekend. Do everything and anything your little heart desires :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from 20SB and had to comment because your post really touched me. There have been times in my life when I have dealt with these feelings and times when life just screams at me and all color loses it's brilliance. It's a tough road to be on and I am hoping you find a little happiness this weekend -- even if it's in the little things.

    ReplyDelete