Friday, February 19, 2010

Sunny Days

Tumblr_ky2p8nltr41qb5pbao1_500_large 

After two weeks of nothing but snow, we have a short reprieve before another storm hits us this weekend. The sun is out. 

I can feel its warmth on my skin. I can feel it burning my retinas as I dare not shield my eyes from its beauty.  The landscape, albeit briefly, is littered with color. Azure skies. Shades of reds, greens, and blues whiz by although their vividness dimmed by the collection of salt, a small reminder that the monochrome days will return soon enough.

Z173663667_large 

The sun is all I need today, though, for a lift in my spirits as my lips spread into a smile between sips of coffee.  Spring is right around the corner.  Today serves as a reminder that although your days may be gray and full of slumber, a brighter tomorrow is sure to come. 

2 comments:

  1. It's been sunny today and that has brightened my mood beyond belief. I'm so ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the rides its gorgeous. Its been raining here all day though =(

    ReplyDelete