Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happiness is a State of Mind

 
“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; 
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
Winston Churchill 

Doesn't this photo just evoke happy feelings?  I'm trying really hard to be optimistic, but I continue to struggle with comparisons to other people lives and accomplishments.  It's hard to be genuinely happy for people when it makes me feel like such a failure.  What happened to my potential? My sunshine-y personality? 

Today, I went back on my anti-depressants. I knew it was only a matter of time.

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading your blog about a year now. I found it when I was trying to use social networking to find a job. You have two of the most important qualities I can think of: you understand yourself (even if it's a moving target) and you're capable of expressing yourself to others. Very capably. As we used to say, keep the faith! You're gonna be great.
    -Dave W

    ReplyDelete