Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

 Love Happens Publicity Still
"You get approached a lot. Probably have since the day you strapped on your first training bra. But you're smart, and you're creative, and you're caring and big... But, how come the guys only see the package it comes in, sure... you're flattered. But ultimately, ultimately it's tiresome because it has nothing to do with you. You were born that way, you can't take credit for it. Your insides though, that's yours. That's what you want someone to truly see. Even a stranger."

Last weekend I watched Love Happens with Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart (swoon), and aside from making me want to visit Seattle really bad, this quote from the movie stuck out to me. 

This Valentine's Day, it doesn't bother me that I'm single. Being single means I'm still waiting for the guy who sees "the inside." Being single means that I'm not with the wrong guy anymore. I'm willing to wait for however long it takes, because once I find that guy, I know it will last forever. 

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your attitude about being single right now. I'm single too, and while it does sometime suck...I know I'm in the right place and where I need to be right now. One day, I'll be that guy who thinks I'm pretty awesome, but we're not ready for each other yet. One day we'll celebrate Valentine's Day together...just not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - I'm seeing so many of these lately, strong girls who are finding real, honest happiness with where they are in life. It makes me so proud to be part of this little bloggy community. What more can you hope for? =)

    Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww this is so cute. This movie also made me want to visit Seattle!

    ReplyDelete