Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Best is Yet to Come

A belated happy holidays to everyone! I hope time was well spent with good company and great food.

As I am adjusting back to the cold, midwest climate, it is comforting to be surrounded by my family and good friends.  It's funny to think that a year ago today I was meeting my future roommates, and was spending the new year's eve holiday with a guy I was truly enamored with.  It has been a journey of laughter and tears over the course of the last year, and while I feel like I have taken a huge step backward by returning home and am once again finding myself wrapped up in old relationship drama, I have a lot of hope and faith that this coming decade will serve to be a wonderful ten years, a decade when I finally achieve my life goals.

20081204222304

I have decided that this new year's eve will not be spent in a new party dress, spilled booze, and a frantic search for a guy to kiss at the stroke of midnight.  Rather, I have opted to spend the night working- and hopefully a night of sobriety and generous tippers.  Although, I will admit that I plan on partaking in the champagne toast (I love the bubbly!)

A few resolutions I have made: 

1. Commit to eating healthy and working out-- the midwest way of life is slowly creeping back into my habits and I don't like it!
2. Pay off all non-student loan debt by the end of the year.
3. Become more engaged in the blogging community.
4. Be whoever I want to be, with no apologies!

Any resolutions you have made for 2010?

2 comments:

  1. I drank moderately on NYE too! Totally didn't wanna get drunk or got all flirty with guys just for a kiss. Wonder why. Does it call growing up?:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love number 4-Be whoever you want to be with no apologies. Definitely stick to that one!!! Can't wait to read more blogs.

    ReplyDelete