Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Best of 2009-- Challenge

Challenge. Something that really made you grow this year. That made you go to your edge and then some. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?

Moving to California. Making new friends. Getting over heart ache. Unemployment. Returning home. Leaving behind new friends. I think the better question is, what wasn't a challenge this year?

In all my life, I have never been stripped of every comfort and sense of security. I have never felt so vulnerable and intimidated, and even at times hopeless. Following on the heels of a bitter depression, this year has been transformative in so many positive ways that I could spend the rest of the year rehashing it all.

Each and every day this year has been a gift, offering a new challenge and learning experience. The days may not have always ended on a good note, but even though my vision may have been blurred by tears, I could see just how much my landscape was changing.

With that, I challenge myself to continue this path into the next year, and the ones that follow. Even though I find myself physically back where I was a year ago, I've never felt more emotionally healthy and optimistic that my current position is never the ultimate destination.

2 comments:

  1. I've always heard it said that what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. I firmly believe this is true. This year has been one struggle after another for me, but I am better off for every one I have faced and conquered. Good luck to you in the year to come. For myself, I am claiming it to be a good one no matter what it brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Commchick! Goodluck to you as well, I hope 2010 brings you brighter days!

    ReplyDelete