Thursday, December 10, 2009

Best of 2009- Album

Album of the year. What’s rocking your world?

They hail from Paris-- well, Versailles actually. You may have heard them on the catchy Cadillac commercial, or a bevy of hit television shows including Entourage, Melrose Place, and Cougar Town. Maybe you saw them on their late-night talk show circuit when they performed on SNL, Jimmy Fallon, and Conan.

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, stop everything you're doing and march your little cyber butt over to iTunes and purchase their latest album, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix.

Oh, yeah... the band is Phoenix.

http://cdn.pitchfork.com/media/amadeusphoenix452.jpg

I can't remember exactly when I first one of their songs, but it's been a love affair ever since. While they still aren't considered mainstream, they are starting to gain national exposure, earning their first Grammy nomination for alternative album of the year.

Why are you still here, reading this? And not downloading their music (legally, of course?)

Well, since you stayed I went to Youtube so I could post a video to begin everyone else's love affair, and I found this gem. Love. Love. Love. I may watch it everyday-- my favorite song from the album and the brat pack? Oh my.



2 comments:

  1. I love it that you know and love Phoenix, too! That is some seriously good stuff. They've been around for quite awhile, but it seems they're finally generating more buzz and reaching a wider audience. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoenix. Are. Awesome. Yeah, what Stevie said, apparently they've been around for years, but I only heard of them personally a few months ago!

    ReplyDelete