Monday, December 7, 2009

Best of 2009- Blog

Blog find of the year. That gem of a blog you can’t believe you didn’t know about until this year.

I've had several blogs through the years, hosted at Live Journal and Xanga through my angsty, woe is me teenage years, a short stint on MySpace, and most recently on Wordpress, and now Blogger.

So, in the blog world, I've been around.

But in all those years I've never shared my writing with anyone- anonymity was key, but mostly, I had set all my privacy settings accordingly. Likewise, I wasn't much of a blog-reader. Over the course of this year, I discovered several social networking sights like BlogHer and 20sb, not to mention Twitter. Through these outlets I have found so many wonderful bloggers and women who are following their hearts and dreams. Their shared stories have gotten me through so many rough days, whether they know it or not. I'm still not sure whether anyone really reads my blog, but I will continue keeping up with my newfound blogging treasures.

One such blogger that I have come to adore is Kerri, at Your Wishcake. She writes without abandon, whether its showcasing her latest etsy purchase (loved the chartreuse tea table), sharing her innermost thoughts on religion, or writing about your typical twenty-something 'day-in-the-life' shenanigans. Whatever the post may be, I always find myself nodding in agreement. She puts thoughts to words so eloqently that she's become a daily read.

And she also has her own Etsy shop, go check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment