Monday, August 3, 2009

In the Land of Cubes

{via}
Today I said goodbye to five months of intermittent unemployment, and hello again to the corporate world. And to be quite honest, I'm glad to be back.
I'm thankful that I will have a steady source of income- no longer effected by whether the sun is out, or the daily special. I'm thankful that the people I 'wait' on are all formally educated and are individuals I can learn from. I'm thankful that my day-to-day responsibilities are not spent making call quotas or dealing with customer complaints. I'm thankful that I have a desk space large enough that I have to physically get up and walk down the hall to actually touch a co-worker.
I missed post-it notes and highlighters and brand new legal pads. I missed having an Outlook calendar to manage and voicemails to check. I missed elevator rides and afternoon coffee breaks. I missed my closet full of dress clothes (although they're a little snug, now).
I am so happy and thankful that my life is returning to normal.
But today, I'm exhausted.

1 comment: