Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Get Real!

Two weeks ago my roommates and I switched cable carriers, and finally- after eight months- I was able to get cable installed in my room. Which spells T.R.O.U.B.L.E. Otherwise known as ridiculous amounts of time wasted watching reality television.

Without fail, I always get sucked into these shows. They're so pointless that I usually spend the thirty minutes snickering at the dumb things that are being done and/or said.

Alas, I've found two diamonds in the rough, and I'm sort of obsessed with both.

Giuliana & Bill Style Network, Wednesday Nights
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2009/08/giuliana-bill-show.jpg

They may be the cutest couple. Ever. Sure, they may be in the newlywed phase of their marriage, but I think they have a pretty awesome dynamic. I love that she calls him Rancic, it's endearing- even if it is his last name. They've also managed to restore my hope in modern marriage, which is saying a lot. They both make compromises and sacrifices for the other, and I think that's just swell. Plus their dorky personalities mesh amazingly well. Their interview banters are hilarious.

Another plus, Bill sported a Miami hoody during last week's episode. Way to represent! I also adore Guiliana's assistant, Matt- he's a doll.

Good news, it was picked up for a second season.

Ok, moving on.

Ace of Cakes; Food Network
http://animoscrypt.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/aceofcakecrew2_2009_lg.jpg

So I may not know when new episodes actually air, because I've just seen repeats at random times of the day- but I've seen enough to know that I want to be BFF with these people. They speak my language-- sarcasm.

I would also like Geof to be my boyfriend. And bake me cupcakes. I don't know why, exactly, but I have a major crush on him. He is the epitome of my I want a hipster dork boyfriend.

Oh, and these people are amazingly talented. I'm jealous. My attempts at baking look pathetic and make me fat. Epic Fail.

I should probably get a social life. Noted.

Any reality shows you are obsessed with? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment