Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Under the Weather

I've spent the better part of the last week about as sick as they come.  Being sick and an insomniac is not a winning combination, let me tell you.  I'm trying my best to embrace it, the insomnia that is, and not retire for the night until 2am.  Granted, I do have the luxury of sleeping in until the afternoon- which I'm not the biggest fan of- but I am a fan of sleep, so I'm dealing.
Doente_large
Despite being an absolute grouch, losing my voice, and having negative stores of energy, I think there is some good to come out of this sickness. 

One, I realized I have to get back into eating healthy and working out. The Midwest just isn't California in terms of leading a healthy, active lifestyle.  It's been easy to slip back into the sedentary, fried-food-is-a-staple-at-every-meal lifestyle.  Convenience is simply not an excuse.

Secondly, I feel my creativity creeping back in to my every day living, and I really want to start pursuing it.  There are a lot of ideas swirling around up there, and it's time to put action to thoughts.  I'm excited to start some projects, and I will definitely be sharing them here- in addition to a lot of items I've been finding on the internet that have served as great inspiration.

Stay tuned, I'm almost back to health and back to full-blogging-force!

3 comments:

  1. feel better! i hat ebeing sick...

    however i think oscillococcinum works wonders and you should def try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! :) Being sick sucks big time! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well wishes!!

    Imerika- I totally had to google that, never heard of it before, but I'll have to try it next time I feel the sniffles, thanks!

    ReplyDelete