Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged 
to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. 
Nelson Mandela 
 
Wogaaabwl8be78qjtxpb-zomd7jhe7jolhi_large

Taking a risk finally paid off, and I am in California to stay. 
Not everyone is going to understand my decisions or acts of spontaneity, but I fully believe when there's something you want that if you work really hard, you can make it happen. 
And that's exactly what I did. 
I was devastated last week when I didn't get the job that I initially came back to interview for. 
But instead of letting it get me down, I was stubborn and refused to quit. 
And if I've learned one thing lately, is that I have a tendency to quit. 
Not anymore. 
Surprisingly, my life is returning back to normal, as normal as I can call my life, that is. 
Today, I'm returning to full-time employment-- at the exact same company I worked at before. 
Except I'll be assuming a position that is exactly what I want to be doing. 
I'm elated because I already know that I love this company and my co-workers. 
I have a second, part-time job lined up that will allow me to make extra money, keeping me ahead on the bills and definitely giving me some flexibility in my social life and spending power. 
My old roommate and I are moving in together into a newly renovated townhouse next month. 
We are already in love with the place and can't wait to make it our own. 
I've been hanging out with acquaintances I knew from before, and they are quickly becoming great friends. 
 
Everything has been coming together seamlessly and I truly believe it's a result of being optimistic and not being afraid to fail.  Two big accomplishments on my part. 

Lastly, I know several people who read this little corner of my life on a daily basis. 
Please note that writing is therapeutic for me, and I'm a very moody person. 
I write through my doubts and insecurities, highs and lows, and that's what makes me real. 
Granted, I choose to share my words with the public, and most of you are complete strangers. 
But in the off-chance I know you in real life, I would only hope that my thoughts aren't skewed. 
No implications or offenses are meant to be made, so I would expect no judgement on your part. 
I often wish you would stop reading entirely. 
That being said, I have changed my blog URL with the intent that my little corner of the world becomes more obscure, and that those who do read are fellow Gen Y'ers who can relate to the bumpy little stage of life called your twenties.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you made it back to California! I look forward to reading more about your life and new job there... keep up the optimism, it really does seem to make things happen :)

    ReplyDelete