Monday, March 1, 2010

A Different To-Do List

I can't believe it's already March 1st! Where does the time go? How's everyone holding up on those resolutions they made at the beginning of the year?  If you're like me, you haven't gone too far with them.

I don't want to focus on the negative, that I haven't really set out to achieve the resolutions I made two months ago.  Rather, I want to focus on how far I've come in the last few months.  Each day I am learning more and more about myself; and whether I'm discovering good qualities or bad, it's eye-opening nonetheless. 

3831178080_bc3101d4ac_large

Moving forward, I am editing my resolutions to align more with becoming a well-rounded, emotionally healthy individual.  I am hoping to change the intangible, and by doing so, changing the tangible in my day-to-day life.
  • Stop living in the future and focus on the present.
  • Make a commitment, big or small. And keep it.
  • Spend less time on social media and engage more with my creativity.
  • Actively improve my character flaws.
  • Privatize my life by choosing my words more wisely.
  • Fail. And love myself anyways.
  • Recognize life is a journey, but don't be afraid to take my own path.
I have realized that while certain aspects of my life have become stagnant, the most important aspect is flourishing-- the aspect of wholly discovering, understanding, and accepting who I am.

1 comment:

  1. Yup- Mine haven't gone too far either. I love the last item on your To Do list: Recognize life is a journey. I think that's so beautiful AND true. I think everything is looking up for you because of your positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete