Friday, June 25, 2010

Viva la FIFA!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/common/imagedata/0,5001,7769902,00.jpg

Big events always warrant the question- Where were you when...?

So where were you when Landon Donovan scored the winning goal to win Group C and advance in the World Cup? (ps- I love, love, love that Donovan plays for the Galaxy- yeah LA!)

Words can't even express the rollercoaster of emotions that game was to watch, especially at 7 in the morning. Followed by the adrenaline rush in the 91st minute, needless to say it was very hard focusing that morning at work. I was with a group of my favorite co-workers and side-by-side we sat, nervously watching every missed goal and bad call- and in unison jumping and cheering as we advanced to the next round.

It was one of those moments where goosebumps crawled all over my body and my heart swelled with pride. A rallying moment for Americans across the country, and a well-deserved spotlight for a sport that most Americans debunk as a "real" sport.

Today is the next USA match, the first in the knock-out round. You better believe I'm donned in my red-white-and blue, and rooting for the boys to bring it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment