Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Upward Facing Dog. Literally.

I have to admit, this daily yoga goal might be the death of me. Yesterday, I allowed the unemployment blues to creep in and barely managed to escape the death grip of the couch. I briefly tuned in to Jillian Michael's Yoga on Demand video, and just as quickly turned it off. (Side note: there's not one calming characteristic about that lady, why is she doing a yoga video?)

At any rate, I gave it another shot this morning, except I decided on a beginner's video with some other person, and while I wanted to give up half-way through, I forced myself to continue.

Tumblr_l9mipwaf3h1qdqgr4o1_400_large
{via}

At 5'10" I have legs longer than some people are tall. My arms are double jointed at the elbows, and I have the worst posture in the world due to my insecurity of being so tall. Not to mention I am an anxious and tense person by nature, it's hard for me to relax even when I'm trying my hardest. Needless to say, on a difficulty scale of 1 to 10, yoga is definitely a 100 for me. I can't touch my toes and I never know when I should be exhaling or inhaling. I'm sure my form is more damaging than it is reparable.

But I'm going to give it another try tomorrow. I'm determined to see this goal through because it's these small things right now that I can control- when everything else seems to be spiraling.

Any yoga advice? Does it get easier?

1 comment:

  1. i can't give you any advice because i dont do yoga. the first time i tried it, i even bought ayoga mat thinking i was going to love it. but i hated it! it was hard, i was so inflexible...I felt like a failure.

    I guess if you can get into it, I may give it another try ...

    ReplyDelete