Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I'm a little tardy to the party... but to be honest, Halloween is one of my least favorite holidays. Regardless, having two roommates sometimes you have parties you don't want to attend, but by default, attend.

That's what happened this year- despite my desire to wear my PJs, eat an endless supply of Reese Peanut Butter cups, and watch Hocus Pocus on ABC Family. And if there's one thing I enjoy doing, it's spending a lot of time in the kitchen in preparation of entertaining friends. (I come from a large family, so growing up it was not uncommon to go to a birthday party every weekend).

Having snagged a left-over costume from my roommate (commence eye-rolling as it was of the 'slutty' variety), all that was left to prepare was to decorate, carve a pumpkin, and make the goodies.

While my pumpkin skills are to be desired, I had a ball whipping up some Halloween treats for our guests. There were comments galore from those attending, so much so that I have been considering going to into event planning. Then again, unemployment gives you the crazy thoughts. ;)

1. Owl Cupcakes; 2. Spooky Cauldron Dip;
3. Cheese Goblin; 4. Pumpkin decor; 5. Mummy Cupcakes

On a side note: My 10-10-10 goal keeping is failing miserably. But I haven't completely thrown in the towel yet. I guess the most important thing for me at this point is my goal to stay positive, which aside from a few rough mornings, I've been doing a good job of. It's getting increasingly hard to stay in a routine since all my days sort of run together. Any other unemployed bloggers or stay-at-home moms out there? How do you keep your days filled with energy and things to do? I've watched more Oprah this week than I have in 20 years!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. This is impossible for some but I usually disconnect the television if I know I'm going to be home all day. Obviously sometimes I like watching a trashy reality show but usually I try and avoid television and if I feel like taking a break I prefer watching movies, especially late at night, I always watch movies!!

    Great job on all those Halloween treats, I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do whatever I can to get outside. If I'm not in my apartment, I can't raid the refrigerator or become one with the couch. Plus I volunteer at animal shelters...so the commitment gets me going. I know what you mean, about how the days run together and you can't seem to get a routine. I don't even have kids but each day is drastically different from the last. It's good for me because I like randomness, which I guess makes me a good fit to be an Army wife because you never know what will happen tomorrow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completely with you. Halloween is not my Fave. Thankfully, it was pretty low key this year. Thanksgiving, here I come!

    ReplyDelete