Monday, October 4, 2010

Rainy Day Sentiments

20081005180916
{via}

As I stirred awake this morning I could hear the faint drops of rain on my window pane.
I lifted my head from my pillow and paused. Strained my ears.
Could it be? Rain? In LA?
When I realized it was indeed raining, a quick smile drew on my face.

It's one (of the many) things I miss about home.
I pictured a day spent inside, curled up in a big, cozy chair.
The room dimly lit, but darkened by the weather outside.
A good book at hand along with a cup of tea.
The hours would crawl by, but the minutes escape much too fast.

But then reality settled in...
The hems of my pants cold and wet.
LA traffic worse than usual, a stressful commute.
Dealt a handful of bad news at work, a bout of disappointment.

For a fleeting moment there was a silver lining in the rain.
An oddity in the city of endless sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment