Thursday, May 27, 2010

An Education

An Education
Over the weekend I watched a charming little film called "An Education," which I immediately fell in love with. It was nominated for a few Oscars, and rightfully so as it was a great screenplay with a talented cast- I especially think Carey Mulligan is going to have a successful career.

Watching films like this one makes me fall more in love with the art of screenplay and cinematography. It's rare that films these days strike an emotional chord with the audience- theater is so littered with blockbusters and needless sequels (I'm talking to you SATC2 and Shrek 4), so when I come across a movie that I can actually relate to, I know I've found one that will have critical acclaim and little box office success.

Have you watched any good movies lately?

1 comment:

  1. This movie is currently sitting snug in my Netflix queue and I'm so glad to read your review! I just saw the clips from the Oscars, but it looked really good!

    ReplyDelete