Monday, May 24, 2010

Thinking Outside the Box

One of my many new found passions is interior design. The way I see it, design goes beyond furniture placement and color schemes, it's more of a reflection of who we are. A boxed, room by room mirror of our individual personalities.

Sharing an apartment comes with its difficulties for many reasons, and I'm learning that I've grown past the need for roommates- but presently, my life dictates having two of them, whose personalities polarize that of my own. While I've conceded in the common areas, my bedroom is entirely my own canvas, and I can't wait to make it an amazing haven in a sometimes tense living situation.

I recently stumbled upon a show on Bravo called Nine By Design, which showcases the most adorable and eclectic NYC family. Robert and Cortney Novogratz are interior designers with seven children, who flip houses- not just any houses, but multi-million dollar homes that are absolutely phenomenal. I aspire to have their charming, confident personalities, their eyes for design and taste in truly charming pieces.

Lucky for me, they have a book that I have eagerly added to my library queue list that I will use as a tool to transform my currently blah bedroom to something awesome. Stay tuned for before and after photos, and a sneak peek into my humble abode!http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61IajitcC7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment