Sunday, November 1, 2009

Under Construction

I want a degree in graphic design and photography. If for no other reason than to make this blog BEAUTIFUL. Because right now I am not happy with it. So please ignore the ugliness.

Tomorrow officially begins life detox. This includes ridding myself from all negativity, pursuing activities that make me happy (even if they make me dorky), eating healthy---aka not raiding the candy dish twenty times a day at work, working out regularly, and maintaining a sober lifestyle. After all, alcohol is a poison so why put my body through it?

I know, I know. I've said it a million times. But prior to moving to LA I wasn't drinking, and I was totally fine with that. The last year has once again been turbulent- and the common denominator? Alcohol. I tip-toed back into that scene for the sake of making friends.

But it's time to make real friends. Whose responses don't drip with condescension when I say I don't want to wear a slutty Halloween costume (I suck at peer pressure). Friends who want to go to pumpkin patches and spend Wednesday nights watching Glee and eating cupcakes (without moaning how doing so makes them a cow).

It's time to come into my own and stamp out peer pressure. Once. And. For. All.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you girly. I don't think friendships should be based on alcohol. I wish we lived closer to eachother, I think we would get along GREAT!!! Have you heard of Jasmine's book club?

    ReplyDelete