Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bonjour!

After a few Friday night dates with Netflix, I am officially a Francophile wanna-be. I am in love with all things Paris- the city of lights, red wine, macarons, the fashion, the accents -I could go on and on.

I know I'm about 10 years behind the crowd, but I finally watched Amelie a few weeks ago, which was about 10 years too late. It is such a darling movie! I loved the richness of all the yellows, reds, and greens (I notice the strangest things).
http://www.movieforum.com/features/festivals/tiff01/images/amelie/1024x768.jpg

After having watched Inception twice in the theaters this summer, I developed a girl crush on Marion Cotillard. After also seeing her in Big Fish I knew she was a good actress but I was curious to see her in her native tongue. Amazing.

Her Oscar for La Vie en Rose was well deserved- that was the best performance I've seen from an actress in a really long time. I'm also convinced that I will be playing that song at my wedding. But the one movie of hers that I fell in love with (and sadly can't find to buy my own copy) is Love Me if You Dare - it's not too often that I movie can make me both genuinely laugh and move me to tears. Very highly recommended!
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2004_Love_Me_If_You_Dare/2004_love_me_if_you_dare_002.jpg

If that wasn't enough, I hear that this season of Gossip Girl starts out in Paris, so I have a lot to look forward to! I think it's been decided that my newest project is to learn the language- so now I just need to scout out cheap classes in Los Angeles.

What are you favorite foreign films?

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh La Vie en Rose is one of my all time favs. I have a large collection of Edith Piaf records, my mom was a huge fan when I was a kid so I grew up listening to her music. As for you learning to speak french, should I start leaving you messages in french?? Oui, je vais commencer a vous laisser des message en francais:)

    ReplyDelete