Monday, July 27, 2009

Halfway Up The Hill

In twenty-five years, I've ...
Moved cross country once
Received two college diplomas
Loved and spoiled three dogs
Learned I should limit myself to four alcoholic drinks (but don't)
Been called an Aunt five times
Maxed out six credit cards (only three remain)
Unashamedly read all seven Harry Potter books
Became obsessed with eight new bands since moving to LA
Played all nine positions during my softball career
Spent ten summers boating, swimming, and fishing in Lake Cumberland
Spent eleven weeks as a bartender
Fell in love with baseball at the tender age of twelve
Gone on thirteen job interviews
Road tripped through fourteen states
Watched Clueless (at least) fifteen times
At sixteen I failed my first driving test and cried
Lost a close friend and mentor at seventeen
Owned eighteen pairs of Old Navy flip flops
Made nineteen bad decisions, probably more
Been dared to eat fried alligator for twenty bucks
Waited twenty-one years before visiting New York City
Experienced living with my first roommate at twenty-two
Spent the summer of twenty-three falling in love
Learned to make the best of every twenty-four hour day I'm given...
Today, I officially turn twenty-five!

[Image source found here]

I can't believe that it's already been twenty-five years, but I am so grateful for all my experiences, good and bad, throughout the years. I can only hope that I continue to learn and grow during the next twenty-five years as I have during these. The last eight months have been spent adjusting to my new life in Los Angeles, and now it's time to make the most of my newfound happiness during the next twelve!

Happy Birthday to me!

[Post inspired by Free and Flawed]

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you decided to stay in LA! now we just need to get together :) congrats on the new job!!! love the site!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the new blog! I definitely felt a lot more like a grown up when i turned 25...it's only been a few months but I think I'm in a good place!

    oh and p.s. a glass of wine and a game of scrabble sounds like a FABULOUS night to me!

    ReplyDelete