Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Birthday Bliss

Twenty-five is off to a great start. [Day one delivered big, and starting next week I'm back in the land of cubicles and red exclamation marked e-mails: but more on that later].

If you asked me to list all the things I love in the world, wine, pasta, chocolate, and hot guys would definitely be at the top. So, combine them all in one night--on my birthday, no less--then I am one happy camper.

Last night officially broke the streak of several years of bad birthday luck. I was absolutely blown away by the amount of messages, texts, and phone calls I received from friends and family wishing me a happy birthday. I have never felt so loved and missed, and I never would have thought I would be celebrating my twenty-fifth birthday so far away from all the people that have been there for the first twenty-four. That being said, I can't imagine celebrating the next twenty-five anywhere else. Since it was my first birthday in California, I thought it only fitting to spend it in Hollywood. When in Rome, right? The night began with dinner at Bella Cucina, an Italian eatery owned by the Dolce Group. I wasn't too impressed with the lasagna dish I ordered, they were out of pinot noir, and the service was terrible- borderline embarrassing. Needless to say, I do not recommend it, nor will I be returning. However, the evening was about the company of friends, and that made it worthwhile.

Following dinner, we stopped by Life (which, by the way, has an awesome lounge-y vibe) for some additional birthday cocktails. It also just so happened where a few of the cast (Jesse, Reid, and Juan) and crew members from The Bachelorette happened to have their finale viewing party. It was a cave rave that puts any sausage fest to shame. I have never seen so many women throw themselves at men- at reality show cast-offs at that. Between the photo ops that involved straddling, the woman with her shirt inside out (if you want to call what she was wearing a shirt), and the women that flipped over the couch, it was definitely an entertaining evening. After seven months of residency in Los Angeles, my only celebrity sightings have been stars from ABC (I saw Chris Harrison, the host, last week at the Hollywood and Highland Center). I think I should get out more often.

Despite being my birthday, I did not ask for any photographs with the rejected Bachelors. I hate being 'that girl'--I much prefer my silent freakouts. I may be calm and collected on the outside, but the little voice in my head is screaming 'ohmygod' over and over. There is photographic evidence, however, as one of the men can be seen in the background of a photo taken of my roommate and the elephant-trunk-esque pillow (we keep it classy).

All in all, a fantastic birthday, spent making great memories with great friends.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time, hope you have many more. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started reading your blog :) I had a similar bad experience at Bella - and NO PINOT NOIR??? That sounds horrible! Although I would have LOVED to meet Reid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a blast. I definitely would have been that weird girl getting a picture with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Wooden Heart: two more drinks in, and I totally would have asked for a picture. What's funny is that I saw Juan and Kypton this weekend at 6-Man, which is a huge volleyball tourney in Manhattan Beach by my house.

    ReplyDelete