Friday, December 3, 2010

On Blogging

As I do with every blog I've started, I've reached the point where it's no longer a point of interest. Sure, I'll be tooting along in my day to day life and think of something that I should blog about, or I'll see something on the interwebs that I deem worthy of sharing. Of course, I continue to log into my Reader daily and keep up with all these wonderful other bloggers.

But there's something missing in it for me, at least at the moment. I've always been the person who wants my writing to strike a chord with the readers, I want my topics to come organically and fly from my fingertips with sincerity. Right now it all seems contrived, and to be honest, I fear a certain level of vulnerability that comes across in my writing.

I love writing. It helps me truncate my thoughts and relate to others. But I've lost the most important factor- the intrinsic motivation to keep going. I need to get back to the point where I write for an audience of one- me. Where the concern is not on whether my topics are interesting, or if anyone is reading at all. Presently, I feel that this is only serving as a forum for my narcissism (look at all the wonderful things I've done) or as an emotional dump of all the troubles in life- neither of which I believe are interesting to the outside world.

So- for the time being I'm taking a break. I want to regroup on what's important to me in my writing style. I don't wish to regurgitate info that can be found on countless other blogs, nor do I want to waste anyone's time or space in their Reader on 'woe is me' posts. Don't get me wrong- life is swimmingly well at the moment, even with the hand of cards I've been dealt. I just don't see the value in what this blog has become.

Continue to follow me on Twitter, and as the trend with me and blogging goes, I'll either resume here eventually, or start a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment